Assembling an ASSIST unit
From University of Washington - Ubicomp Research Page
To assemble an ASSIST unit:
- It not already done, flash an MSB.
- It not already done, flash an LSB.
- If not already done, flash an iMote2.
- Attach a GPS connector to the LSB.
- Solder a male battery connector onto one of the battery terminals of the LSB.
- Splice a female battery connector onto the battery wires.
- Attach the MSB and LSB to the iMote2.
- Place the MSB/LSB/iMote2 combo into an ASSIST box.
- Place the GPS unit into the box and connect it.
- Attach an OV9650 camera to a camera adapter board. It should connect to the side with two pads for a resistor.
- Insert a ribbon cable to the connector on the other side of the camera adapter board.
- Insert the other end of the ribbon cable into the LSB camera connector.
- Carefully bend the ribbon cable such that the camera will sit in its proper place.
- Place the camera.
- Attach the battery to the LSB, and place it in the box.
- Put the ASSIST box back cover on, and screw it shut.